Sunday, April 5, 2009

Friday Night Beer Tasting at Brouwerij Lane


Two weekends ago, a little beer shop called Brouwerij Lane popped up about half a block down the street from us. I kept meaning to go but when I heard they were having a $2 beer tasting on Friday night, I stopped putting it off.

I'm glad I did. I was really impressed with their beer selection -- over 150 bottles, and many I had never heard of. Rob recognized some from his travels in Germany. That's probably a good sign.

They have ten beers on tap, and they switch up their selection quite a bit. They actually keep an updated list on their blog which is pretty cool. While these are usually reserved for $10 growlers, Friday was the first night you could try before you buy. They had a nice little atmosphere for a beer store: a couple of makeshift tables and chairs (aka boards on upturned crates) and a woodfire in back. The guys working there seemed really nice too. Nice that we finally have a great alternative to buying the same old stuff at the bodegas.
Brouwerij Lane
78 Greenpoint Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11222
*4/14 Update -- They now have beer tasting during all business hours!! WOOHOO!

No comments: