Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Own Sifty Fifty

Last week, Sam Sifton released a list of his current favorite restaurants in the New York Times' Diner's Journal, the cutely named Sifty Fifty. In conjunction with the list, the Times released an iPhone app that lets you check off the places you've visted (along with Pete Wells' top 25 bars, and a few other nifty foodie things). I generally liked Sifton's list, but had to disagree with some of it. What, Baoguette made the list, but Maialino did not? Keen's Steakhouse, but no Marlow & Sons? And no Annisa?? Are you kidding me?

So I decided to make my own list. I think 50 restaurants would probably be every good restaurant I've ever visited (and then some), and I needed to be able to exercise some selection. So now I present my very own top list, the Wisty Twenty-Five:

Acqua Santa
Annisa
Anella
Awash
Bozu
Convivio
Dressler
DoSirak
Egg
Faiccos
Fette Sau
Grimaldi's
Kanoyama
Le Bernadin
Maialino
Marlow & Sons
Motorino
Nougatine
Peter Luger
Pho Viet Huong
Prune
The Redhead
Sushi Azabu
Sripraphai
Tia Pol

There probably won't be any iPhone app for this list, but you never know.

No comments: