Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekend Fix at Blue Bottle


I'm not a coffee snob during the week, but when Saturday and Sunday come around I need a smoother, craftier caffeine fix than the usual grande bold blend from Starbucks. Even though its a bit of a walk, and sometimes its a bit chilly out, and there's ALWAYS a line out the door, I head to Blue Bottle Coffee in Williamsburg to get a special weekend treat before catching the L train to Manhattan. 

Even when its cold out, I have to get a cold-brewed New Orleans iced coffee. It's a bold and flavorful, but with a solid pour of milk (they balance it themselves), its super smooth, a little sweet and adequately creamy. Just check out the deep, nutty-brown color of that iced coffee. Doesn't get much better than that! I only wish they served it in a normal iced coffee cup with a straw.


They also have a fantastic hot chocolate featuring cacao crafted from the bearded Mast Brothers down the street.


I still have yet to try other drip coffees here, but so far, the New Orleans is a winner.

Blue Bottle Coffee
160 Berry Street (betw. N. 4th and N. 5th), Brooklyn, NY

718-387-4160

1 comment:

Alice said...

ughhh that new orleans is my go-to. they served it at caffetteria in soho but that place closed down and now i gotta schlep all the way to brooklyn for it. womp womp. :P